Gel Memory Foam: $550-$1150
Leesa started in January 2015 & is based out of Virginia. It is one of the early disruptors in the online memory foam mattress space. They have had Olympian’s Michael Phelps & Aly Raisman back their products as well.
- Mattress Construction- 4.5/5 90%
- Firmness Level – 3/5 60%
- Cooling/motion transfer – 4.25/5 85%
- Trial period/price – 3/5 60%
LEESA MATTRESS COUPON:
Save $125 on any Leesa mattress with code FRIENDS125
Leesa Bed Review
Leesa started in January 2015 & is based out of Virginia. It is one of the early disruptors in the online memory foam mattress space, the Leesa mattress has received more than its fair share of positive reviews on its hybrid memory foam mattress. I personally like Leesa as it provides a great balance between firmness & keeping you cool which is a great feature for a memory foam mattress. Read my review on why you may want to buy Leesa for yourself.
Leesa Mattress Construction
The Leesa mattress uses 3-layers of foam.
- Top layer (cooling) – top layer is 2″ of Avena foam. Avena foam is great for comfort, bounce & is cooling. It also tends to be more durable than other foams out there.
- Middle layer (support) – middle layer is a 2″ layer of memory foam. Memory foam always provides good pressure relief & support.
- Base layer (foundation) – base layer acts as a foundation for the mattress. It is a 6″ layer of high-density support foam which is highly breathable and will not absorb heat.
The Leesa mattress is about 10 inches deep. Leesa’s 10” depth is on par with most memory foam mattresses.
Firmness Level of the Leesa Mattress
In terms of firmness I would rate the Leesa a medium. Leesa was designed to meet the needs of majority of the sleepers. I would rate it 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale.
- Leesa mattress firmness – 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale. 6%
- 1 Very Soft
- 5 Medium
- 10 Very Firm
Leesa was a good fit for me in regards to overall comfort and support. I prefer a slightly firm mattress.
Leesa has 2 inches of Avena foam as the top layer, 2 inches of memory foam in the middle, and 6 inches of foundational foam. More thickness doesn’t always translate to better support and comfort, in Leesa’s case, it does.
Leesa Mattress Unique Features
The Leesa mattress is made with aveno foam which is great for cooling. Overall the week I slept on the Leesa mattress I noticed it to remain cool throughout the night. One major factor to sleeping cool other than the mattress, are the sheets you sleep on.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
The Leesa’s overall sinkage is moderate. Additionally, the Avena and memory foams do a good job of minimizing motion transfer, which makes it ideal for couples.
All mattress reviews on sleepswami go through a few different sinkage tests. The reason for these tests is to show you how the mattress will hold up in different positions.
- Standard Sleeping position (on back) – In a normal lying position where my weight was evenly distributed I saw 2″ of sinkage and hug.
- Standard side lying position – In a normal lying position on my side, I saw 2.25″ of sinkage and hug.
- Sitting on the edge (conservative) – In a conservative sitting position on the edge of the mattress (where I am sitting a bit farther back on the mattress), I saw 3.5″ of sinkage.
- Sitting on the edge (aggressive) – In a more aggressive sitting position on the edge of the mattress (where I am sitting directly on the edge of the mattress), I saw 4″ of sinkage.
|TYPE OF SLEEPER||RATINGS BASED ON SLEEPING PREFERENCE|
Leesa Mattress Warranty & Trial Period
Leesa offers a very strong 100-day, in-home trial period. A few years ago this would of been a very generous trial period, but now companies are offering 365 night trials.
If for whatever reason you don’t like the mattress within the 100-day trial period, just drop their customer service team an email and they will refund your money. You don’t even have to ship the mattress back. If you don’t like the mattress, Leesa will help arrange for a donation or recycling center to come pick the mattress up at no cost.
In addition to the 100 day trial period, Leesa also offers a fairly standard 10-year full replacement limited warranty.
Leesa Mattress Price
Leesa mattress pricing is fairly typical among factory direct mattresses. Comparing the Leesa to brick-and-mortar prices, you can expect to save $1,000-$2,000. When you combine the free shipping and the $75 discount promo code, it really is a compelling price point that is hard to match.
|Size||Price||Price with Sleep Swami Discount|
|Warranty – 10 Year|||||Trial Period – 100 nights|
Leesa Mattress Shipping
Leesa mattresses are made to order and ship to your house compressed in a large box (19 x 19 x 44) in 1-5 days. Also, shipping is free, which is always a plus.
Overall, the Leesa was a very solid mattress.It provided enough support and was very cooling. I wish there was a bit more edge support. The Leesa showed some sinkage in each position, but it did not collapse or lose structural integrity. This is an important factor for both sleeping (near the edge), sitting on the edge, and amorous activities.